When a transaction occurs on Build My Body financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard. We also use some of the worlds most securey payment gateways for your added security benefit, including Paypal and eWay. If you have any questions regarding our security policy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Build My Body
We collect different types of information about our users for four main reasons:
1. To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
2. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
3. To sell advertising space on the site. This helps us to keep the site free of charge.
4. With user consent, to market services to individuals users.
1. We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of the security technology. This means: - we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information - we ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider has appropriate security measures.
2. We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails or SMS Text Messages only from BMB and, if you choose, from carefully chosen third parties. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, tick boxes will let you decide whether you wish to receive marketing. We may, however, email or text you occasionally with information or queries about your registration or experience, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
3. We will collect and use individual user details only where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are securely disposed of.
6. Our site is accessible via the Internet. This means that, wherever you choose to post your data on the site, they can be accessed from anywhere around the world.
How we use your information
What information do we collect?
We collect information on our users through registration and use of the website, through cookies, where you choose to disclose data in postings, and when you enter sales promotions and competitions ("sales promotions").
Certain services that we provide may involve the collection by us of additional information, such as your geographic location from time to time, and mobile phone number to enable the service to be provided as designed. In particular, this may apply to certain Apps that you download, or which we provide.
The minimum information we need to register a user is an email address and a password. We will ask further questions for different services, including sales promotions. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
We may also ask some further, voluntary questions during registration for certain services (for example, Professional Networks) so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users. This also enables us to personalise services for our users.
Logging in using social networking credentials
If you log-in to buildmybody.com.au or using a Facebook log-in as a means of authentication you grant permission to Facebook to share your user details. This will include your name, email address, date of birth and location which will then be used to form a Guardian Identity, and you may use your picture from Facebook as part of your profile. Authenticating also permits the sharing of your gender, networks, user ID and any other information you choose to share according to your Facebook account settings. If you remove the Guardian app from your Facebook settings, our access to this additional information will cease.
If you log-in to buildmybody.com.aua using a twitter log-in as a means of authentication we receive your avatar and twitter username.
Use of children's data
buildmybody.com.au do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16.
Updating your personal information
We offer a ‘Account’ page where you can update your personal information at any time, and change your marketing preferences. You can get to this page from most pages on the site - simply click on the ‘My Accout’ link at the middle of the screen when you are signed in.
Who we share data with
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. With your permission we will share your information only with carefully chosen third parties.
Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and in compliance with applicable data protection/privacy legislation. We may also independently audit these service providers to ensure that they meet our standards. We may use service providers to help us run these site or services available on the sites, some of whom may be based outside the AU.
Some BMB webpages use plugins from third party platforms (such as the 'Facebook Recommend' function). Information about your visit to BMB websites may be collected by these third party providers on these pages. If you browse these pages whilst still also logged in to your account on the third party platform, information collected by the third party may be connected to your account on the third party platform. For more information on how these third parties use information, please read their privacy policies.
1. For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
2. We use third parties to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons. Click here to learn more about how we use a third party service to collect and use information on buildmybody.com.au.
4. Placing cookies on your computer means we can serve you adverts that you might be more interested in, and allows us to control the number of times you see them and measure how effective the ad campaign has been. This helps us to keep the site free of charge.
5. Flash cookies may be used to store user preferences for media player functionality and without them some video content may not render correctly. You can turn cookies off but if you do this you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other intrusive advertising, as we won't be able to limit what you see using cookies. You will, however, still be able to view editorial content.
Behavioural retargeting is another form of OBA that enables us and some of our advertising partners to show you ads based on your online reading away from buildmybody.com. For example, if you have visited the website of an online clothes shop you may start seeing ads from that same shopping site displaying special offers or showing you the products that you were browsing. This is allows companies to advertise to website visitors who leave their website without making a purchase.
If you want to opt out of receiving online behavioural advertising this does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using buildmybody.com.au. It just means that the advertising you see will not be customised for you.
Buildmybody.com.au contain contextual affiliate links from which we may earn revenue. Our articles are never influenced by advertisers or affiliates, nor are they written for the purpose of promoting a product, except when clearly branded as a 'sponsored feature' or 'advertisement feature' or 'sponsor's content'.
Buildmybody.com.au may contact you via email or mobile SMS text to ensure your satisfaction with your shopping experience.
Legal information and how to contact us
You can obtain further information about privacy in Australia and the protection of your personal information on the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner´s web site www.privacy.gov.au.
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com